PILA is an architecture studio based in Athens and New York that creates environments for culture, working, and living around the world. We believe in architecture’s enduring character to create meaningful connections between people and their environment as a counterpoint to the speed of contemporary living. By reimagining existing ideas around program and function, physical spaces can offer new ways of experiencing the world.
PILA builds lasting spaces that adapt to future transformation while considering today’s opportunities and constraints. Drawing upon material and immaterial contexts, we approach the unique parameters of each project with openness and curiosity. Through a highly collaborative and iterative process, we translate each project’s opportunities and constraints into clear design directions that are sensitive to client and contextual needs.
PILA is currently engaged in the transformation of a historic industrial complex into a cultural center in Vosges, France; the design and construction of a multi-story artist studio in Harlem, New York; a mixed use urban transformation with co-living residences on the Paris river bank; and a private house in a beautiful mountainous landscape on the island of Antiparos in Greece.
PILA is seeking a motivated Senior Architect to join its Athens office.
PILA is an architecture studio with a wide portfolio of local and international projects. Currently, we are working on two residential projects in Athens, the redesign of the facade of Piraeus tower and a mixed use urban regeneration project in Paris, among others. Our work environment is dynamic with significant development prospects, ambition and high work morale are highly encouraged.
We are looking for a skilled and experienced senior architect that will be responsible for conceptual, design and technical phases of projects.The successful candidate has to have experience in overseeing the design process, liaising with clients, leading and mentoring a team, and completing high-quality work. As the senior architect, you should have strong leadership and great interpersonal skills.
- Experience in design and project management during all design phases.
- Experience with construction documents and construction administration.
- Experience in internationally recognized offices is preferred.
- Maintain the ability to work flexibly in a demanding environment.
- Experience with complex projects, technical detailing and problem solving.
- Strong communication skills, with regard to client presentations, team management, meeting organization and preparation.
- Excellent skills with design and documentation software such as Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) AutoCAD, Rhino and Vray.
- Experience with Revit.
- 7+ years of proven relevant experience as design lead.
- Master’s Degree in Architecture.
- Fluency in Greek and English.
Please email your application to: [email protected]
Please include “Senior Architect Application” in the subject line and your availability in the body of the email. Send a combined resume and portfolio 15 mb max.
PILA is seeking motivated and talented designers to join their Athens office for an internship position.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating intelligent designs and strong graphic skills
- Ability to communicate clearly, work independently as well as collaboratively with a team.
- Proactive attitude with excellent problem-solving and presentation skills.
- Excellent skills with design and documentation software such as Adobe
- Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) AutoCAD, Rhino, Vray are required
- Excellent physical model making skills
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in Architecture.
Please email your application to [email protected]
Include the title for the position you are applying for in the subject line and your availability in the body of the email. Send a combined resume and portfolio 10mb max.