PILA is an architecture studio based in Athens and New York that creates environments for culture, working, and living around the world. We believe in architecture’s enduring character to create meaningful connections between people and their environment as a counterpoint to the speed of contemporary living. By reimagining existing ideas around program and function, physical spaces can offer new ways of experiencing the world.
PILA builds lasting spaces that adapt to future transformation while considering today’s opportunities and constraints. Drawing upon material and immaterial contexts, we approach the unique parameters of each project with openness and curiosity. Through a highly collaborative and iterative process, we translate each project’s opportunities and constraints into clear design directions that are sensitive to client and contextual needs.
PILA is currently engaged in the redesign of Piraeus Tower façade; the renovation and expansion of a historic house in Athens; the design of a three-storey house in a low-rise neighborhood in Athens; a private house in a beautiful mountainous landscape on the island of Antiparos in Greece; and a mixed use urban regeneration project in Paris.
PILA is seeking motivated and talented designers to join their Athens office for an internship position.
PILA is an architecture studio with a wide portfolio of local and international projects. Currently, we are working on two residential projects in Athens, the redesign of the facade of Piraeus tower and a mixed use urban regeneration project in Paris, among others. Our work environment is dynamic with significant development prospects, ambition and high work morale are highly encouraged.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating intelligent designs and strong graphic skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly, work independently as well as collaboratively with a team.
- Proactive attitude with excellent problem-solving and presentation skills.
- Excellent skills with design and documentation software such as Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) AutoCAD, Rhino, Vray are required.
- Excellent physical model making skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in Architecture.
Please email your application to: [email protected]
Please include ““Internship Application” in the subject line and your availability in the body of the email. Send a combined resume and portfolio 15 mb max.