PILA is an architecture studio based in Athens and New York that creates environments for culture, working, and living around the world. We believe in architecture’s enduring character to create meaningful connections between people and their environment as a counterpoint to the speed of contemporary living. By reimagining existing ideas around program and function, physical spaces can offer new ways of experiencing the world.
PILA builds lasting spaces that adapt to future transformation while considering today’s opportunities and constraints. Drawing upon material and immaterial contexts, we approach the unique parameters of each project with openness and curiosity. Through a highly collaborative and iterative process, we translate each project’s opportunities and constraints into clear design directions that are sensitive to client and contextual needs.
PILA is currently engaged in the transformation of a historic industrial complex into a cultural center in Vosges, France; the design and construction of a multi-story artist studio in Harlem, New York; a mixed use urban transformation with co-living residences on the Paris river bank; and a private house in a beautiful mountainous landscape on the island of Antiparos in Greece.
PILA is seeking an Office Manager to join its growing office in Athens, Greece. The successful candidate will be working closely with the Partners and will take on a diverse role supporting with Office Management, HR, and Financial duties.
- Support in designing and implementing office policies, standards and procedures.
- Liaising with clients, suppliers and staff
- Support with contract management and client invoicing
- Coordinate and oversee the day-to-day smooth running of the studio
- Support Partners with recruiting and HR responsibilities.
- Support with preparing financial reports, office budgets, bookkeeping and project pipeline.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Previous experience in an administrative role
- Maintain the ability to work flexibly in a demanding environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with regard to client and team communication
- Excellent skills with Microsoft office / Google Docs
- Fluency in Greek and English
Please email your application to: [email protected]
Please include “OFFICE MANAGER_YOUR NAME” in the subject line, your availability in the body of the email and attach your resume.
Deadline for applications 28 September 2020
PILA is seeking motivated and talented designers to join their Athens office for an internship position.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating intelligent designs and strong graphic skills
- Ability to communicate clearly, work independently as well as collaboratively with a team.
- Proactive attitude with excellent problem-solving and presentation skills.
- Excellent skills with design and documentation software such as Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) AutoCAD, Rhino, Vray are required
- Excellent physical model making skills
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in Architecture.
Please email your application to [email protected]
Include the title for the position you are applying for in the subject line and your availability in the body of the email. Send a combined resume and portfolio 10mb max.