PILA is an architecture studio based in Athens and New York that creates environments for culture, working, and living around the world. We believe in architecture’s enduring character to create meaningful connections between people and their environment as a counterpoint to the speed of contemporary living. By reimagining existing ideas around program and function, physical spaces can offer new ways of experiencing the world.
PILA builds lasting spaces that adapt to future transformation while considering today’s opportunities and constraints. Drawing upon material and immaterial contexts, we approach the unique parameters of each project with openness and curiosity. Through a highly collaborative and iterative process, we translate each project’s opportunities and constraints into clear design directions that are sensitive to client and contextual needs.
PILA is currently engaged in the transformation of a historic industrial complex into a cultural center in Vosges, France; the design and construction of a multi-story artist studio in Harlem, New York; a mixed use urban transformation with co-living residences on the Paris river bank; and a private house in a beautiful mountainous landscape on the island of Antiparos in Greece.
PILA is seeking a motivated full time Architect with 3-5 years of experience to join its Athens office.
We are looking for a skilled and experienced architect that will work in conceptual, design and technical phases of projects. The successful candidate will design and produce drawings, convey architectural concepts, create renderings, build presentations and working models and coordinate with engineers and consultants.
PILA is an architecture studio with a wide portfolio of local and international projects. Currently, we are working on two residential projects in Athens, the redesign of the facade of Piraeus tower and a mixed use urban regeneration project in Paris, among others. Our work environment is dynamic with significant development prospects, ambition and high work morale are highly encouraged.
- Experience in all project phases preferred.
- Maintain the ability to work flexibly in a demanding environment.
- Strong communication skills, with regard to client presentations, meeting organization and preparation.
- Experience in construction documentation and administration.
- Physical modelling skills required, including digital fabrication.
- Flexible and proactive approach.
- Excellent skills with design and documentation software such as Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) AutoCAD, Rhino and Vray.
- Excellent writing skills.
- 3-5 years of experience in an architectural design office.
- Master’s Degree in Architecture.
- Fluency in Greek and English.
Please email your application to: [email protected]
Please include “Architect Application” in the subject line and your availability in the body of the email. Send a combined resume and portfolio 15 mb max.