PILA is an architecture studio based in Athens and New York that creates environments for culture, working, and living around the world. We believe in architecture’s enduring character to create meaningful connections between people and their environment as a counterpoint to the speed of contemporary living. By reimagining existing ideas around program and function, physical spaces can offer new ways of experiencing the world.
PILA builds lasting spaces that adapt to future transformation while considering today’s opportunities and constraints. Drawing upon material and immaterial contexts, we approach the unique parameters of each project with openness and curiosity. Through a highly collaborative and iterative process, we translate each project’s opportunities and constraints into clear design directions that are sensitive to client and contextual needs.
PILA is currently engaged in the transformation of a historic industrial complex into a cultural center in Vosges, France; the design and construction of a multi-story artist studio in Harlem, New York; a mixed use urban transformation with co-living residences on the Paris river bank; and a private house in a beautiful mountainous landscape on the island of Antiparos in Greece.
PILA is seeking motivated designers to join its Athens office. You will be working as a team member and be expected to create new ideas both in collaboration and independently within an international design-driven studio. You will design and produce drawings, convey architectural concepts, create renderings, build presentation and working models, coordinate with engineers and consultants, and collaborate closely with the Principal.
- Experience in all project phases preferred.
- Maintain the ability to work flexibly in a demanding environment.
- Strong communication skills, with regard to client presentations, meeting organization and preparation.
- Experience in construction documentation and administration
- Physical modelling skills required, including digital fabrication
- Experience in internationally recognized offices is preferred
- Flexible and proactive approach
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent skills with design and documentation software such as Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) AutoCAD, Rhino, Vray, Grasshopper are required
- Master’s Degree in Architecture
- 3+ years of experience in an architectural design office
- Fluency in Greek and English
Please email your application to: [email protected]
Please include “Architect Application” in the subject line and your availability in the body of the email. Send a combined resume and portfolio 15 mb max.
PILA is seeking motivated and talented designers to join their Athens office for an internship position.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating intelligent designs and strong graphic skills
- Ability to communicate clearly, work independently as well as collaboratively with a team.
- Proactive attitude with excellent problem-solving and presentation skills.
- Excellent skills with design and documentation software such as Adobe
- Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) AutoCAD, Rhino, Vray are required
- Excellent physical model making skills
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in Architecture.
Please email your application to [email protected]
Include the title for the position you are applying for in the subject line and your availability in the body of the email. Send a combined resume and portfolio 10mb max.